Project realized within the framework of Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS)
Duration of the project:
01.09.2020 - 31.08.2023
The goal of the project is to deepen the knowledge of post-mining seismic events as well as surface deformations in European countries with coal mining legacy.
The research scope of the project goes far beyond a simple relation between seismicity, rainfall and the process of mines flooding. It uses new techniques and systems for observation of the earth dynamics transformed by mining and climate change.
In many European countries, coal mines have already been closed in entire mining basins, while in several other countries mines are in the process of closure. Research of the risk estimation associated with induced seismicity and movements of the rock mass in post-mining areas will be carried out on the four testing sites (in Czech Republic, Poland, France and Germany).
The project beneficiaries are ten institutions from four European countries: the Czech Republic, France, Germany and Poland. They all share a great deal of experience in solving post-mining issues.
- Central Mining Institute (GIG), Poland
- INERIS, france
- GFZ, Germany
- Silesian University of Technology (SUT), Poland
- Spółka Restrukturyzacji Kopalń, Poland
- Institute of Geonics AS CR (IGN), Czech Republic
- Green Gas DPB, Inc. (GG), Czech Republic
- DIAMO, s.p., Czech Republic
- Technische Hochschule Goerg Agricola University, Research Center of Post-Mining (THGA), Germany
- Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières (BRGM), France