The Central Mining Institute is a scientific research institute, subject to the Minister of State Assets, working for the benefit of enterprises of different industries (including, to a significant extent, the mining industry), as well as for the institutions and offices of the State administration and local government as well as domestic and foreign partners.
Over 95 years of experience, near 500 specialists, scientists and researchers, 18 testing and calibration laboratories accredited in the Polish Centre for Accreditation, the only in Europe experimental mine and four research centres (The Clean Coal Technology Centre, Silesian Centre for Environmental Radioactivity and the Environmental Engineering Centre and Research Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Climate), is a potential, which enables to make the most ambitious research projects, giving at the same time the guarantee of their reliable and high efficiency in their deployment and commercialization.
The Institute continuously improves its structure and organization as well as adjusts the incurred research topics to the needs of the economy. It cooperates with many national and international industrial organisations, universities, institutes, and research and development units both through joint-research projects and the export of services and technologies.
The Institute is a founding member of the European Network of Environmental Research Organizations ENERO, a member of the World Mining Congress (WMC), the International Bureau of Strata Mechanics (IBSM) and of such organizations as OIPEEC (International Organization for the Study of the Endurance of Ropes), IMWA (International Mine Water Association) and A.SPIRE from Brussels.
The market linked to the activities of the Institute:
- mining and geoengineering,
- environmental engineering,
- industrial safety,
- material engineering,
- power engineering,
- building & construction,
- waterworks and sewerage,
- certification and evaluation of products,
- radioactivity and ionizing radiation,
- commercial premises,
The Institute will establish a cooperation at national and international projects, including, among others:
- fundraising from national programmes, the European Union, grant institutions, industry financing sources,
- creating scientific and industrial consortia,
- conducting research for industry,
- conducting scientific and technical research,
- organization of scientific conferences,
- commercialization of research.
- industry: small, medium and large companies,
- the offices of the state and local government administration,
- scientific-research institutions,
The Central Mining Institute cooperates in the scientific and technical aspect at research projects and at the export of services and devices with many industrial organisations, universities, scientific institutes as well as with research-development units both on the national and international market.
The Institutes partners are, among others:
- Aalto University
- Aitemin Centro Technologico
- AUSTIN DETONATOR s.r.o
- BUREAU DE RECHERCHES GEOLOGIQUES ET MINIERES (BRGM)
- Cardiff School of Engineering, Geoenvironmental Centre
- Golder Associates
- InstitutCistych Technologii Tezby a UzitiEnegetickychSurovin
- Japan Coal Energy Center
- JSW S.A.
- KERN UND SOHN GmbH
- Krajowe Centrum Naukowe Górnictwa im. A.A. Skoczyńskiego, Moskwa
- LULEA UNIVERSITET
- MAXAMPOR S.A
- MECON Limited
- Narodowy Uniwersytet Górniczy Ministerstwa Edukacji i Nauki Ukrainy, Dniepropietrowsk
- National Institute For Research And Development In Mine Safety And Protection INSEMEX
- PGG S.A.
- Research Centre for Energy Technology and Strategy RCETS
- Shanxi Science and Technology Department
- SHELL RESEARCH Ltd.
- SSE EXPLO ROMANIA SRL
- TAURON WYDOBYCIE S.A.
- Technical University Kosice
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITEIT DELFT
- TIMKEN CORPORATION
- Ukraińsko-Polskie Centrum Naukowo-Edukacyjne Radykalnych Geotechnologii
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe – UNECE
- Uniwersytet KrivoyRog
- VINACOMIN Institute of Mining Science and Technology
- Vysoka Skola Banska
- ŽDB DRÁTOVNA a.s.
In order to obtain detailed information please use the following contacts:
mgr inż. Mariusz Borek
phone: +48 32 259 26 21
mgr Mateusz Dulewski
phone: +48 32 259 27 75
You can also use the contact form here.