Plac Gwarków 1, 40-166 Katowice, Poland
Head of Department
mobile 512 293 853
The scope of activity of the plant:
Scope of activities of DEPARTMENT OF MATERIAL ENGINEERING arise from tradition and experience in research into new polymer materials for special purposes,
determining their mechanical and flammable properties. An important element of the service are product tests for the purposes of certification and conformity assessment as well as issuing technical opinions.
Department of Material Engineering has experienced staff and latest generation measuring and research equipment allowing for performing tests and research of non-ferrous materials.
- Comprehensive testing of plastic pipes.
- Comprehensive testing of properties and evaluation of usability of conveyor belts and other products made of non-metallic materials.
- Development of new materials with flame retardant properties and antistatic for mining and industry.
- Manufacturing and testing of biomaterials, polimer membranes and polimer composites with high mechanical strength.
- Development of plastic recycling technology.
Department of Material Engineering provides a high level of service because of development, implementation and continuous improvement of Integrated Management System meeting the requirements of standards EN ISO 9001:2009; PN-N 18001:2004; PN-EN ISO 14001:2005 in Central Mining Institute and implemented in Department of Material Engineering Integrated Management System meeting the requirements of the PN-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard. Extensive experience resulting from many years of department activity is a basic element for maintaining scientific and market position of producers, users and processors of non-ferrous materials.
The scope of activity of Department of Material Engineering:
- Effective flame retardant systems based on effective and environmentally friendly flame retardants.
- Development of the composition of flame retardant concentrates and polymer materials with reduced flammability, toxicity of combustion products and smoke formation.
- Technologies for obtaining optimal compositions of flame retardant polymeric materials and flame retardant concentrates.
- Effective processing methods resulting in products with the required properties, eg. limited flammability and good mechanical properties.
- Design and manufacture of advanced flame retardant polymer composites based on renewable raw materials, thermoplastic polymers and biopolymers.
- Design and production of polymer and biopolymer nanocomposites, including nanofillers with special properties, among others with increased resistance to fire, electroconductive properties.
- Development of nano-structured biopolymers for special applications.
- Development of recipes for new varieties of polymer materials, including composites and nanocomposites of various compositions (also using renewable raw materials) with characterized performance parameters.
- Preparation of functional polymer composites showing characteristic properties against specific external conditions.
- Development of recipes for flame-retardant polymeric materials and concentrates with limited flammability, which will be used in industry, especially in small and medium-sized domestic enterprises, which will use ready-made granules to produce finished, flame-retardant elements using the injection method.
- Production (production) of polymer granules and concentrates on a low-tonnage scale based on own developed recipes or customer recipes using a twin screw extruder.
- Testing of plastic properties, including determination of mechanical properties (including tensile strength), rheological (including flow rate), flammability and others.
- Research on chemical and physical polymer modification processes.
- Selection of raw materials for the production of a specific plastic product that guarantees the highest quality of final products.
- Development of new technologies for the production of polymeric products for utility purposes.
- Conducting research and development works in the field of production, processing and recycling of polymeric materials and characteristics of their properties.
- Instruments for determining geometrical quantities
- VICAT HDT
- Strength machines
- Thermal baths
- Climate chambers
- Weight plastometer
- Charpy impact hammer
- A device for testing the impact strength of pipes using the falling weight method
- Device for testing abrasion of pipes
- Stand for testing variable pressure cycles
- Creep testing machine
- Cyclic temperature changes and external load of piping testing device
- Deformation sensors
- Shore hardness tester
- Muffle furnace
- Stethoscope optical microscope
- Electrofusion welder
- Twin screw extruder
- Dynamic mixer
- Vibration table
- 3D printers
- CNC milling machine
- Testing chamber according to UL-94
- Stand for flame tests
- Stand for the friction test
- Cone calorimeter + flue gas FTIR analyzer
- TGA thermogravimeter
- DSC differential scanning calorimeter
- Oxygen index stand
- Test stand according to PN-EN ISO 11925-2
- Test stand according to PN-EN ISO 1182
- Model adit PN-93/C-05013 point 2.4
- Test stand for the determination of thermal decomposition products
- Hot surface test stand PN-C-05019
- Test stand for the determination of Cleveland flash point
- Propane grate PN-EN 12881-1. Method C
- Pest stand (glowing / hot wire) according to PN-EN 606952
- Spectrophotometer Pharo 300
- Foil press
- pH / conductivity meter