Division of Ecological Researches performs field works including:
- contamination of soils and grounds in relation to quality standards;
- state of the investment areas;
- the quality of surface water and groundwater;
- basic characteristics of the waste to deposition;
- economic deposition of waste underground and on the ground surface;
- the possibility of using recycled aggregates;
- determine the suitability of mineral wastes for their use as aggregates in building, road construction and as a raw material in industries;
- the possibility of using various types of waste as alternative fuels;
- the possibility of using municipal sewage sludge;
- binders used in underground construction.
Collecting and transport of samples is carried around whole Poland. A team of experienced employees, who are equipped with specialized sets, guarantees high quality of services provided under all conditions.
- Reports of environmental impact assessments with participation in administrative proceedings in order to obtain the environmental decision;
- Initial reports;
- Environmental reviews;
- Integrated permits;
- Evaluation and opinions on the protection and opportunities for environmentally safe use of waste on the surface and underground mining excavations and recovered raw materials;
- Environmental opinions on binder materials and formulations used in underground mines in the area of voluntary certification for safety mark ""B"";
- Research (identification), and disposal of hazardous waste, eligibility codes corresponding to the hazardous waste or non – hazardous waste;
- Physicochemical analysis of materials, including waste used as an additive for fuels, alternative fuels and renewable fuels;
- Comprehensive monitoring of landfills in the full range of phases resulting from their operation – pre-operational, the operational and the after-closure;
- A comprehensive studies of soil quality and the ground quality to making decisions about way of using or remediation in accordance with applicable standards, together with an assessment of their chemism and their health risks;
- Monitoring the state of environment before investments and also monitoring the state of the degraded post-industry environment (and post-mining) to make decisions about restoration or further use;
- Evaluates corrosivity of water against concrete and steel (on the basis of physical and chemical analysis) and performs tests of water used to prepare concrete, etc.
Highly qualified scientific or technical staff and modern equipment ensure high quality and reliability of research.
Laboratory of Mineral Processing and Waste Management conducts research and service on the wide mineral engineering. Researches covers issues related to the identification of the chemical composition and mineral compositions and technological characteristics of the mineral and waste. The laboratory is equipped with modern digital scanning electron microscope Hitachi Model SU-3500N included with the EDS and the sputter device and Morphologi G3S-ID Malvern to analyze the size, shape and number of particles of the Raman adapter to identify the chemical composition. Laboratory is working on identification and optimization technical and technological conditions of valorization and acquisition of commercial products from minerals and waste.
Experience of the staff of the laboratory and the technical equipment allows research and optimization following processes on a laboratory scale:
- Froth flotation of suspended coal and other raw materials;
- Sedimentation and refining of the suspensions;
- Conditioning and optimization of the quality parameters of mineral suspensions and sewage sludge for drainage;
- Dewatering mineral suspensions and sludge using method of pressure filtration and vacuum.
We have the technical capabilities to carry out verification tests dewatering processes suspended sediment in the centrifuge and in the filter press in the full industrial scale.
Scope of activities:
- Diagnosis of organizational, competency and social determinants of safety in work environment - especially in high-risk enterprises (own research tools verified by the PBS project);
- Diagnosis of safety culture state in enterprise (own research tools - verified in coal and copper mining);
- Safety culture improving in enterprise using its own method, which effectiveness has been proven in mining company;
- Identification of risky behaviors of employees and their causes.